Online tutoring is a great option to have a monthly income. Also, you can work from anywhere and you manage your tutoring schedule. A lot of travelers around the world found this option a good one to have a decent salary and at the same time enjoy doing something that they love traveling.
Job4travelersfound some good options for tutoring online. In this blog, you will find the most popular websites. Also, we recommend you our favorite, which is PREPLY.
THE BEST ARE:
- Amazing talker
- Teach away
BEFORE YOU APPLY
- Some websites may require you certain certificates or qualifications. For teaching English these are some of them TOEFL, TEFL, IELTS, CELTA, TESOL, DEGREE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE OR EDUCATION.
- Some companies let you set your price, but, before you set it, compare your price in the market, taking into account your experience and your knowledge about the language.
- PREPLY requires you a video, which you make your self-introduction.
- You are free to set your schedule
- PREPLY provided the students.
- PREPLY allows you to tutor more than one language.
- Some companies charge a commission fee between 15% - 30%.
SOME RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOUR SELF-INTRODUCTION VIDEO AND PREPLY APPLICATION
Practice as much as you can, the better. Because doing that, you will get better and better.
Start with a smile in a fresh environment free of unexpected noise.
Beginning to talk about your name and basic family information, after that, you should explain your teaching method which must be clear for you and easy to explain.
Speak slowly, show yourself confidence and energetic, even if you are not. Remember, practice makes perfect.
Dress to impress. In my point of view, the balance is the clue. Too much dress up could show a too formal image, but, on the other hand, too informal could give the wrong impression.
Record in a quiet place, decorate the place or wall, where you are going to record is always a good idea.